Trend scanner – Find stocks in Uptrend or Downtrend
Trend scanner is a tool by Intradayscreener.com that helps to find uptrend stocks and downtrend stocks in intraday or short term. You can find 5 minute trend , 15 minute trend and daily trends. You can also scan for stock above vwap , above 20ema etc using trend scanner
Trend scanner is a tool that will help you trade stock in the direction of the Trend. It also indicates the strength of the current trend. Lets see how can we use it
Once you open Trend scanner , you can immediately see multiple columns like 5 minute trend, 15 minute trend, 1 day trend, ADX, RSI, VWAP, 20EMA , Supertrend etc. By default 15 min time frame is selected but you can change by clicking the timeframe button
The columns use a our custom algorithm to give you trend for the stock in the corresponding timeframe. When you want to do scalping trading , prefer it to do in the direction of 5 minute trend. When you want to hold stocks for 1 to 2 days , you can prefer using 15 minute trend.
The Value of column ADX indicates strength of Trend. ADX value of 30 and above and increasing will indicate that the stock is in strong Trend (if bullish the uptrend is strong and if 15 min trend is bearish then it means downtrend is strong)
Now lets try to understand how to interpret 5min , 15 min and daily timeframe trend and how to use it along with Average directional Index , Relative strength Index , 20 Exponential moving average and Volume weighted average price (VWAP)
Features available in the Trend Scanner?
In the Trend Scanner, you can find the trend of a particular stock in 5 min, 15 min & 1-day timeframes. You can also check different technical indicators like RSI, ADX, EMA, super trend. You get data of a stock like a symbol name, LTP, Pivots, 5 mins trend, 15 mins trend, daily trend, Adx, RSI. In addition, we have also provided the data of VWAP Average price, 20 EMA, & super trend.
Trend scanner is a tool that will help you trade stock in the direction of the Trend. It also indicates the strength of the current trending stocks.
Trend Scanner Column reference
Here you can get to know about all the columns present in the trend scanner feature.
- Symbol: A stock symbol is a unique series of letters assigned to a security for trading purposes. If you click on any stock symbol, you can view detailed stock information.
- LTP: Last Traded Price (LTP) stands for the price of a stock on which the last transaction or trade occurred. LTP of a stock is a number of the past. You can see LTP, change and change % of a particular at the same place.
- Pivots: Pivots indicates the position of LTP compared to the two nearest daily pivots points. If Ltp of stock is between S1 & PP, and it is near S1 then the deviation points will be S1 & PP and near S1.
- 5 Mins trend: In 5 mins trend, you can understand whether the trend of a particular stock is bullish or bearish in 5 mins timeframe.
- 15 Mins trend: In 15 mins trend, you can understand whether the trend of a particular stock is bullish or bearish in 15 mins timeframe.
- Daily trend: In daily trend, you can understand whether the trend of a particular stock is bullish or bearish in a 1-day timeframe. It is mostly used for swing trading.
- ADX: Adx is a technical indicator that denotes the trend of a particular stock. If the value of ADX is less than 25 then it has a weak trend and if it is more than 25 then it has a strong trend. The ADX column is sorted from high value to low, you can click on it to sort low to high value.
- RSI: RSI which is the Relative Strength Index is also a technical indicator that denotes the trend of a particular stock. If the RSI is above 70 then it is considered as overbought and when it is below 30 then it is considered as oversold. The RSI column is sorted from high value to low, you can click on it to sort low to high value.
- VWAP: VWAP is Volume weighted average price, It considers the volume data in their calculation. If the share price is above VWAP, it demotes bullish movement. If the share price is below VWAP, it denotes the Bearish movement. It indicates the uptrend when the share price breakout the VWAP line.
- EMA 20: It denotes the stock trend whether it is bullish or bearish in EMA 20 days candle.
- Supertrend: It denotes the stock trend whether it is bullish or bearish using the super trend Indicator.
How to use Trend Scanner effectively?
The trend scanner can be used to find the stocks that are in trend whether it is bullish or bearish in 5 mins, 15 mins and 1-day timeframes. The data Works on 5 mins candle, it will be auto refreshed for pro users and the timeframe used in the trend scanner is 5 mins minimum.
You can simply click on the option provided in “timeframe” to sort the stocks. You can find the stocks list according to their sectors as well. The Default order used in the trend scanner is ADX. If the ADX value is more than 25 then it is recognised as a trending stock.